Arson Charge Follows Poughkeepsie Apartment Fire
A Hudson Valley woman is accused of starting a fire that injured many.
On Sunday around 9:15 p.m., the City of Poughkeepsie Fire Department responded to Maple Street for a reported fire in an apartment.
Multiple residents had to be treated at the scene for smoke inhalation and one was transported to an area hospital for treatment, officials say.
After the fire was extinguished the fire department alleged the fire was arson.
After a joint investigation, Marjorie P. Savoy, 29, of Poughkeepsie was charged with Arson, a felony. More details regarding the investigation weren't released.
Anyone with information about the fire should call the City of Poughkeepsie Police Department's confidential Tip Line at 845-451-7577.
- Gigantic Indoor Waterpark Ready to Open in Hudson Valley
- Cuomo Set to Become Highest Paid Governor in United States
- Teen Arrested For Alleged Fake Hostage Situation in Hudson Valley
- 3 Men Accused of Running Grandparent Scam in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Woman Arrest For Arson Following Apartment Fire
- Is a 'Midweek Nor'easter' Going to Impact the Hudson Valley?
- Hudson Valley Police Officer Dies Unexpectedly
- Hudson Valley Woman, 2 Dogs Killed in Fire
- Helicopter With 6 Aboard Crashes in Hudson Valley
- Fatal Tractor-Trailer Accident Closes I-87 For Hours
- Hudson Valley Man Sentenced For Nearly $1 Million Scheme