Hudson Valley Police Officer Dies Unexpectedly
A 33-year-old Hudson Valley police officer died.
Thomas Goff, 33, of Yonkers died on Saturday at Lawrence Hospital in Bronxville. Goff was a lifelong Hudson Valley resident and a police officer with the Yonkers Police Department for nearly four years, according to his obituary.
"The City of Yonkers and Yonkers Police Department are greatly saddened by this unexpected and tragic event. We offer our heartfelt condolences to the family of Police Officer Thomas Goff, and to his friends, peers and colleagues; we lost a valued member of our Department and he will be sorely missed," the Yonkers Police Department wrote on Facebook.
Goff was off-duty when he died, though the details leading up to his death have not been released.
Visiting hours will be held on Tuesday at Whalen & Ball Funeral Home in Yonkers from 2-4 p.m. and 7-9 p.m.
Donations in his memory can be made to the North Yonkers Scholarship Foundation, 10 Homecrest Ave., Yonkers, N.Y. 10703.
- Is a 'Midweek Nor'easter' Going to Impact the Hudson Valley?
- Hudson Valley Police Officer Dies Unexpectedly
- Hudson Valley Woman, 2 Dogs Killed in Fire
- Helicopter With 6 Aboard Crashes in Hudson Valley
- Fatal Tractor-Trailer Accident Closes I-87 For Hours
- Hudson Valley Man Sentenced For Nearly $1 Million Scheme