Hudson Valley Man Confesses to Sexually Abusing Child
A Hudson Valley man confessed he repeatedly sexually abused a child.
On Thursday in Orange County Court, 64-year-old Douglas Castro of Warwick pleaded guilty to sexual conduct against a child.
Castro admitted that between September 2012 and June 2014, he repeatedly engaged in acts of oral sexual conduct and other acts of sexual contact with a child who was less than thirteen years of age.
Castro was arrested in October 2018 after an investigation by New York State Police and Orange County Child Protective Services into allegations that a victim less than 11-years-old was raped multiple times over the course of a year by Castro.
“Children are the most innocent of victims,” Orange County District Attorney David Hoovler said. “We can only hope that there are no long-lasting physical effects which will be suffered by the victim in this case."
As part of his plea deal, Castro will be sentenced to 12 years in prison and will be required to register as a sex offender.
- Hudson Valley 'Accent' Considered One of the Worst in America
- 'Upsetting' Animal Cruelty Video Spread in Hudson Valley School
- Texting While Walking May Soon be Illegal in New York
- Gov. Cuomo is Selling his $2.3 Million Hudson Valley Home
- Hudson Valley Business Accused of Selling Mountain Lion Taxidermy
- Hudson Valley Teacher Allegedly Watched Porn in Classroom
- Hudson Valley McDonald's Accused of Scamming Customers
- Hudson Valley City Named Worst Place to Live in New York
- Hudson Valley Teen is Going Viral for Epic Promposal
- Beloved 100 Year Old Hudson Valley Business Suddenly Closes
- Hudson Valley Welfare Fraud Task Force Arrest 6