Young Man Dies Skiing in Hudson Valley
A third person has died while skiing in the Hudson Valley this winter.
Robert Vrablik, 22, of Florham Park, N.J. fell and landed on his face and chest while skiing the Twilight trail, an advanced trail, at Hunter Mountain on Saturday around 3 p.m. The 22-year-old was airlifted to Albany Medical Center and pronounced dead just after 7 p.m.
“We are devastated by this tragedy,” Hunter Mountain spokeswoman Katie O’Connor said in a statement obtained by NJ.Com. “The management, ski patrol, and entire staff of Hunter Mountain extend our hearts and all the support we can give to the family and friends of the guest during this extremely difficult time.”
A New York State Police spokesperson told NJ.com, the preliminary cause of death is a cardiac contusion, a bruise of the heart muscle.
Vrablik is the third skier to die at Hunter Moutain this winter season.
- Cuomo Wants 737 Flights Grounded, Local 737 Flights Cancelled
- Officials Warn Hudson Valley Will See an Increase of Coyotes
- Actress From Hudson Valley Charged in College Admission Scam
- Man Wanted For Murder in NJ Found Hiding in Hudson Valley
- Young Man Dies Skiing in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Found Murdered Inside Home, Gunman on Loose
- Massive Indoor Waterpark Opening Soon in the Hudson Valley
- Opening of Nickelodeon Theme Park Near Hudson Valley Delayed
- Hudson Valley Athlete Featured in Nike Ad, Signs Pro Contract
- Hudson Valley Teacher Accused of Holding Mock Slave Auction
- Truck Catches Fire in Hudson Valley After Driving Over Power Line
- Route 9 Shut Down For Hours Following Fatal Accident
- Man Accused of Sexually Abusing Hudson Valley Child on the Run
- New Movie Theater Opening Soon in Hudson Valley