Truck Catches Fire in Hudson Valley After Driving Over Power Line
A truck caught fire in the Hudson Valley after driving over a downed power line, causing a power outage.
On Sunday around 8:45 a.m., Town of Poughkeepsie responded to reports of a truck on fire on Spackenkill Road in Poughkeepsie near St. Martin DePorres Church.
Icy and snowy conditions Sunday morning caused a power line to fall across the road. A truck quickly became engulfed in flames after driving over the downed power line, a Town of Poughkeepsie police spokesperson told Hudson Valley Post.
Video taken at the scene by Michael Pannazzo and sent to Hudson Valley Post shows the truck engulfed in flames while loud popping and buzzing sounds can be heard.
The unnamed driver wasn't injured, police say.
Residents near the scene lost power for a few hours and the traffic light at the intersection of Spackenkill Road and Boardman Road is still out as of Monday morning with temporary stop signs in place, police confirmed to Hudson Valley Post.
- Hudson Valley Teacher Accused of Holding Mock Slave Auction
- Hudson Valley Hospital Placed on Locked After Reports of Gunman
- Truck Catches Fire in Hudson Valley After Driving Over Power Line
- Route 9 Shut Down For Hours Following Fatal Accident
- Man Accused of Sexually Abusing Hudson Valley Child on the Run
- New Movie Theater Opening Soon in Hudson Valley