Route 9 Shut Down For Hours Following Fatal Accident
Icy conditions on Sunday caused Route 9 to be shut down in the Hudson Valley for hours following a fatal accident.
On Sunday around 10 a.m., an SUV collided with a tractor-trailer on Route 9, Albany Post Road, in the Staatsburg section of Hyde Park.
The small SUV hit the tractor-trailer while traveling around a curve on the busy road. Icy conditions on the road are to blame for the accident, police say.
The driver of the SUV, Mindy R. Dohrenwend, 32, of Hyde Park was killed in the crash, New York State Police confirmed to Hudson Valley Post over the phone Monday morning.
An initial investigation suggests Dohrenwend lost control of her vehicle entered the opposite lane of travel and collied with a 2017 Freightliner tractor trailer. The driver of the tractor-trailer was injured, police say.
Route 9 was shut down in both directions until late Sunday afternoon, sources tell Hudson Valley Post.
- Hudson Valley Teacher Accused of Holding Mock Slave Auction
- Hudson Valley Hospital Placed on Locked After Reports of Gunman
- Truck Catches Fire in Hudson Valley After Driving Over Power Line
- Route 9 Shut Down For Hours Following Fatal Accident
- Man Accused of Sexually Abusing Hudson Valley Child on the Run
- New Movie Theater Opening Soon in Hudson Valley