Actress From Hudson Valley Charged in College Admission Scam
A Hollywood actress with strong ties to the Hudson Valley is among the nearly 50 accused of participating in a nationwide college entrance and recruiting cheating scheme.
Dozens allegedly involved in a nationwide conspiracy that facilitated cheating on college entrance exams and the admission of students to elite universities on made up athletic scholarships were arrested by federal agents in multiple states on Tuesday.
The indictments are against nearly 50 people, including current and former Divison 1 coaches at Yale, Georgetown, USC, Wake Forest and Texas.
Desperate Housewives star Felicity Huffman, who was born in Westchester, is among those involved facing charges, as well as Full House star Lori Loughlin.
Huffman, who is from Bedford, was charged with fraud over accusations she paid a bribe to boost her daughter's college entrance exam score
Officials say all of the parents knew their kids were cheating on their ACTs or SATS or made false sports profiles to gain admission.
- Cuomo Wants 737 Flights Grounded, Local 737 Flights Cancelled
- Officials Warn Hudson Valley Will See an Increase of Coyotes
- Actress From Hudson Valley Charged in College Admission Scam
- Man Wanted For Murder in NJ Found Hiding in Hudson Valley
- Young Man Dies Skiing in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Found Murdered Inside Home, Gunman on Loose
- Massive Indoor Waterpark Opening Soon in the Hudson Valley
- Opening of Nickelodeon Theme Park Near Hudson Valley Delayed
- Hudson Valley Athlete Featured in Nike Ad, Signs Pro Contract
- Hudson Valley Teacher Accused of Holding Mock Slave Auction
- Truck Catches Fire in Hudson Valley After Driving Over Power Line
- Route 9 Shut Down For Hours Following Fatal Accident
- Man Accused of Sexually Abusing Hudson Valley Child on the Run
- New Movie Theater Opening Soon in Hudson Valley