Twins From Hudson Valley Win Super Bowl
Identical twins from the Hudson Valley made NFL history.
31-year-old Devin and Jason McCourty are both defensive backs for the New England Patriots. On Sunday, the Patriots defeated the L.A. Rams 13-3 to win the Super Bowl.
The brothers were born in Nyack. The shared a crib together in the Nyack Plaza Apartments and played pop warner football in Rockland County. The twins played high school football at St. Joseph's Regional in New Jersey, before getting college scholarships to Rutgers.
Their father, Calvin, was basketball star at Nyack High School, their mother, Phyllis, a former cheerleader, ESPN reports. Calvin, who worked in Pearl River, passed away in 1990. Phyllis worked at the Rockland Psychiatric Center.
Devin was selected in the first round of the 2010 draft by the Patriots and has played his entire career with New England. The Patriots traded with the Cleveland Browns in March 2018 to acquire Jason. Jason spent eight seasons with the Tennessee Titans and one with the Browns before joining New England.
The Patriots defense led the team to victory in the lowest scoring Super Bowl in NFL history. Devin recorded two tackles while Jason finished with five tackles.
The McCourty's are the first set of twins to ever play together in the Super Bowl, according to USA Today.
- Award-Winning Restaurant Plans Major Expansion in Hudson Valley
- Gunman On the Run After 2 Shot Near Hudson Valley School
- Politician Accused of 'Psychologically Abusing' Pregnant Wife
- Hudson Valley Father of 4 Killed in Alaska, Family Could Use Help
- Hudson Valley Woman Accused of Hit-And-Run With School Bus
- New Medical Marijuana Dispensary Opens in Hudson Valley
- Twins From Hudson Valley Win Super Bowl
- Woman Dies After Falling Into Freezing Hudson River
- Child Nearly Kidnapped Walking Dog in Hudson Valley, Police Say
- Tire-Gashing Devices Found on Streets in Hudson Valley