Police: Upper Hudson Valley Man Sets Fire to Barn
An upper Hudson Valley man is accused of setting fire to a barn, damaging a car and fighting with police.
On Sunday, New York State Police at Catskill arrested 23-year-old Evan Zenker of Coxsackie for arson burglary, felonies, criminal trespass and resisting arrest, misdemeanors.
Zenker was arrested after a fire at a barn on Cold Spring Road in the town of Coxsackie. The blaze also damaged a vehicle, police say.
It's alleged Zenker broke into the barn and set the fire.
A neighbor noticed someone running from the fire and provided police with a description.
During the search of the surrounding area by responding patrols, Zenker, who matched the description of the subject who fled the scene, was observed about 3 miles away.
When police approached Zenker he fled on foot and entered an occupied residence where he was found, police say. He then allegedly fought with officers who were placing him in custody.
Zenker remanded to Greene County Jail on $25,000 cash or $50,000 bond returnable in the town of Coxsackie Court at a later date.
- Facebook Knows Your Political Views, Even if You Don't Want It
- Former Hudson Valley Doctor Accused of Stealing Nearly $1 Million
- Hudson Valley Utility Companies Offer Refund For Power Outages
- Grocery Delivery Now Offered in the Hudson Valley
- Teacher From Hudson Valley Found Dead in School, 2 Charged
- Mother Who Killed 4 Kids Moves to Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Sexually Abused Child He Babysat
- Hudson Valley Man Killed in Apparent Hit-And-Run On Interstate 84
- Hudson Valley Family’s Dog Found After 1.5 Years
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley