Hudson Valley Man Killed in Apparent Hit-And-Run On Interstate 84
A Hudson Valley man was found dead on Interstate 84 in what's believed to be a hit-and-run.
On Saturday around 1 a.m., State Police from Connecticut responded to I-84 west near Exit 2 in Danbury following reports of a person lying on the highway.
Upon arrival, troopers found a Jeep Grand Cherokee stopped in the right shoulder and a dead man in the right lane of Interstate 84.
A 32-year-old man was hit by a passing vehicle, or vehicles, which fled the scene, police say.
The man was identified as Daniel Crawford Jr. of Brewster, NBC reports.
Crawford graduated from Brewster High School, according to his obituary. He had a great passion for fishing in the Hudson Valley and was described as a people person.
Anyone who thinks they may have witnessed the crash or thinks they may have any information about the person who may have hit Crawford is asked to call Connecticut State Police at 203-267-2200. All calls will remain confidential.
- Hudson Valley Man Killed in Apparent Hit-And-Run On Interstate 84
- Hudson Valley Family’s Dog Found After 1.5 Years
- Man Killed in Trump Tower Fire From Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Police Officer Hit by Alleged Drunk Driver
- Punxsutawney Phil Wanted in New York State
- Police: Hudson Valley Teen Destroyed Property in Neighborhood
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley