Reward for Info in Fatal I-84 Hit-And-Run
A large reward is now being offered as police continue to search for answers after a Hudson Valley man was found dead on I-84 in an apparent hit-and-run.
On Saturday around 1 a.m., State Police from Connecticut responded to I-84 west near Exit 2 in Danbury following reports of a person lying on the highway.
Daniel Crawford Jr., 32, of Brewster was found dead in the right lane of Interstate 84. A Jeep Grand Cherokee was also found stopped on the right shoulder.
Police believe Crawford was hit by a passing vehicle, or vehicles, which fled the scene.
According to ABC, Crawford's vehicle, the Jeep, ran out of gas near exit 2 on I-84.
"Somebody out there has a bad conscience, a very bad conscience," Crawford's grandmother, Dorothy Weizenecker, told ABC. "And I don't understand how people could do that kind of thing and walk away from it."
Because police have little information to work with, Crawford's family is offering a $5,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest of the person or people responsible. Anyone who thinks they may have witnessed the crash is asked to call Connecticut State Police at 203-267-2200. All calls will remain confidential.
Crawford graduated from Brewster High School, according to his obituary. He had a great passion for fishing in the Hudson Valley and was described as a people person.
- Facebook Knows Your Political Views, Even if You Don't Want It
- Former Hudson Valley Doctor Accused of Stealing Nearly $1 Million
- Hudson Valley Utility Companies Offer Refund For Power Outages
- Grocery Delivery Now Offered in the Hudson Valley
- Teacher From Hudson Valley Found Dead in School, 2 Charged
- Mother Who Killed 4 Kids Moves to Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Sexually Abused Child He Babysat
- Hudson Valley Man Killed in Apparent Hit-And-Run On Interstate 84
- Hudson Valley Family’s Dog Found After 1.5 Years
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley