Mother Who Killed 4 Kids Moves to Hudson Valley
A mom who killed four of her children is out of prison and moving to the Hudson Valley.
In February 2012, 37-year-old Bobbie Kugler started a fire in her Rochester home that killed four of her children, ages six to 14, reports WHEC.
Kugler pleaded guilty to four counts of manslaughter. She confessed the fire started because she was burning photos of her boyfriend.
She didn't intend to kill her children, prosecutors said. Kugler admitted the fire became uncontrollable because she drank malt liquor and took sleeping pills, reports WHAM.
Kugler was sentenced to seven to 15 years in prison, according to the Democrat & Chronicle. She was released from the Albion Correctional Facility on Monday after serving just over five years in prison.
According to WHAM, Kugler was granted parole due to her good record, positive programming and remorse.
As part of parole, Kugler must find and maintain a job, not drink alcohol, follow curfew rules and submit to drug tests.
Kugler will be living in Dutchess County, reports WHAM.
- Teacher From Hudson Valley Found Dead in School, 2 Charged
- Mother Who Killed 4 Kids Moves to Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Sexually Abused Child He Babysat
- Hudson Valley Man Killed in Apparent Hit-And-Run On Interstate 84
- Hudson Valley Family’s Dog Found After 1.5 Years
- Man Killed in Trump Tower Fire From Hudson Valley
- Punxsutawney Phil Wanted in New York State
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley