Police: Impaired Dutchess County Driver Found With Cocaine
Police say a Dutchess County man was driving while impaired and in possession of cocaine.
On Saturday, New York State Police from Poughkeepsie arrested 38-year-old Steven M. Vollaro of Poughkeepsie for criminal possession of a controlled substance, a felony, and driving while ability impaired, a violation.
Around 3 a.m. on Saturday, troopers pulled over Vollaro on Vassar Road in Poughkeepsie. During the traffic stop, police allege that the 38-year-old was impaired and in possession of 1.2 grams of cocaine.
Vollaro was arraigned before the town of Pleasant Valley Court and remanded to the Dutchess County Jail in lieu of $5,000 cash bail or $10,000 bond.
- Potentially Dangerous Animal Terrorizes Hudson Valley Town
- Fire Destroys Hudson Valley Bowling Alley
- Same-Sex Couple Weds at West Point
- $4,000 Found and Returned Outside Hudson Valley Restaurant
- Police: Drunk Man Drove in Hudson Valley With Loaded Deadly Rifle
- Driver Walks Away From Horrific Accident on Palisades Parkway
- The Price is Right is Coming Back to the Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Resident Selected in Major League Soccer Draft
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley