Driver Walks Away From Horrific Accident on Palisades Parkway
A Hudson Valley driver miraculously walked away from a terrifying accident on the Palisades Parkway, just before Bear Mountain.
Around 8:30 a.m. on Saturday, the Fort Montgomery Fire Department responded to a motor vehicle accident on the Palisades Parkway North, just before the Bear Mountain traffic circle.
The driver of a black BMW sedan lost control, drove off the road, up a hill and smacked head-on into a tree.
The driver was able to get out of the car before first responders arriving on the scene.
The unnamed driver was evaluated by The Town of Highlands ambulance corps and Mobile Life support services and was transported by ground to a local hospital.
Due to the nature of the accident a Medivac helicopter was placed on standby but was later canceled, officials say.
- Fire Destroys Hudson Valley Bowling Alley
- The Price is Right is Coming Back to the Hudson Valley
- Police: Hudson Valley Woman Steals Jewelry From Family on Xmas
- Julia Roberts Continues To Be Spotted in the Hudson Valley
- Police: Man Commits Suicide on I-84
- Missing Child Likely Spotted in Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley