Fundraiser for Wappinger Family Who Lost 7-Year-Old in Fire
The Hudson Valley family who lost their 7-year-old child in a home fire could use your help.
On Friday just after 5 a.m., first responders were sent to Relyea Terrace in Wappinger for a structure fire by Dutchess County 911.
Shortly after, an unconscious child was found and removed from the house through a window. Sean Burlingame, 7, was taken to Vassar Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Sean was laid to rest this week. A GoFundMe was started to help the Burlingame family as they deal with this tragedy. As of this writing, over $8,000 has been raised. You can click on the above GoFundMe link to donate.
The other five occupants of the home were able to escape to safety prior to the arrival of emergency personnel, according to police.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- Hudson Valley Tree-Trimmer Killed At Work
- Hudson Valley Man Murdered While Vacationing in Nashville
- Many Helping Hudson Valley Family Who Lost Child in Fire
- Many Injured After Exit Ramp Wrong-Way Crash in Hudson Valley
- Police: Hudson Valley Teen Threatened To Shoot School
- 2 Arrested After Truck Drives Into Hudson Valley Home