Hudson Valley Teen Injured After Car Slams into Bus Several Times
A student from the Hudson Valley was taken to the hospital after a car crashed into a special needs school bus several times.
Kingston police is investigating a chain-of-events accident that occurred on Hasbrouck Avenue around 1:50 p.m. on Tuesday. The accident caused two blocks near Kingston High School to be closed during dismissal.
A 1989 Mercury Marquis driven by a 76-year-old Kingston man experienced some sort of medical emergency causing him to lose control of his car on Hasbrouck Avenue, police say.
The car hit a utility pole and a street sign before traveling through the intersection of Foxhall Avenue and colliding several times into the back of a special needs school bus, according to Kingston police.
The car finally came to a complete stop next to a fenced-in property of the Broadway Campus of Health Alliance of the Hudson Valley.
After striking the utility pole, service wires from the pole fell down onto a Kingston public works truck and a local school bus. No students were on the bus at the time, police say.
The wires, which were determined to be cable and telephone wires, were eventually removed from the vehicles by Kingston firefighters.
The 76-year-old driver was taken to a local hospital for evaluation and treatment of his undisclosed injuries.
A 15-year-old student from the special needs bus was also taken to a hospital, police say.
The investigation into the accident continues.
- Popular Hudson Valley Supermarket Chain Bans Plastic Bags
- Hudson Valley Teen Injured After Car Slams into Bus Several Times
- Wild, Unpredictable Animals Spotted Roaming Hudson Valley Streets
- Hudson Valley Cable Provider Secretly Plans To Increase Prices
- Thousands of Mega Millions Winning Tickets Sold in New York
- 'Destructive Invasive Pest' From Asia Spotted in New York
- 'Beloved' Hudson Valley Teacher Found Dead
- $1 Million Mega Millions Winning Tickets Sold in Hudson Valley
- Measles Spreading at Alarming Rates in Hudson Valley
- These Are The Best Pizzerias in the Hudson Valley