Hudson Valley Man Fatally Stabbed, Local Man Charged
A Hudson Valley man is behind bars accused of fatally stabbing a man in Beacon.
City of Beacon police announced on Monday, 55-year-old Richard Viera died from the injuries he suffered from a stabbing.
Around 8 p.m. on Saturday, May 11, officers responded to South Davies Terrace in Beacon for a man who was stabbed. The victim, Viera, was transported to St. Lukes Hospital before being transferred to Westchester Medical Center for treatment but later succumbed to his injury on May 17, police say.
Police soon identified 22-year-old Keano Munoz as the suspect. The Beacon man was arrested on Saturday, May 18 and charged with manslaughter, a class B felony.
Munoz was arraigned in Beacon City Court and remanded to Dutchess County Jail on $150,000 cash bail or $300,000 bond.
- Hudson Valley Man Dies in Lawnmower Crash, Brother Very Hurt
- Large Reward Offered After Video of Cat Murder Circulates
- Hudson Valley Man Fatally Stabbed, Local Man Charged
- Hudson Valley Rallies Behind Mother of 7 Killed in Crash
- Woman Shot Near Hudson Valley Church
- 1 Dead After Car Catches Fire at Hudson Valley Apartment Complex
- Hudson Valley Teacher Wins Big Prize in Jeopardy! Tournament
- Drunk Hudson Valley Driver Caused 'Catastrophic injuries'