Hudson Valley Home Health Aide Arrested for Defrauding Customer
A Hudson Valley home health care aide is accused of defrauding a customer.
On Friday, New York State Police from the Poughkeepsie barracks arrested Shamecca M. Allah, 34, from Poughkeepsie for grand larceny, a felony.
After receiving a complaint of possible fraud, an investigation revealed Allah stole $1,450 from a victim under false pretenses while working as a home health care aide for Community Home Health Care in Poughkeepsie, police say.
Allah fraudulently charged the victim for services while simultaneously submitting hours to Community Home Health Care for the purpose of billing the victim’s health insurance carrier for the same services, according to State Police.
Allah was issued an appearance ticket returnable to the town of Pleasant Valley Court on March 21.
If any person believes they may also be a victim of fraudulent billing by either Shamecca Allah or Community Home Health Care they are asked to please contact Investigator Melilli of the New York State Police at (845) 677-7300.
- Grocery Store Worker Allegedly Made Anti-Semitic Remarks To Girl
- Hudson Valley Police Officers Rescue Injured Baby Owl
- Nearly 100 Accused of Driving Impaired In Hudson Valley During St. Patrick's Day
- Investigation Continues Into Video of Cop Slamming Teen Girl
- Multiple Confirmed Cases of Measles Found in Another Local County
- Kurt Russel, Hemsworth Secretly Filmed Movie In Hudson Valley
- Large Reward Offered to Help Find Hudson Valley Woman's Killer
- Hudson Valley High School Wins State Championship
- Bill Would Ban Sale of Pets in Stores across New York