Former Hudson Valley Athlete Needs Your Help to Reach Pro Bowl
Here's how you can help a former Hudson Valley athlete who's having a historic season be considered one of the best in his sport.
New York Jets kicker Jason Myers, a 2013 Marist graduate, is trying to be selected to play in the NFL Pro Bowl, the NFL's version of an All-Star game. Fan support can help Myers reach the Pro Bowl.
Myers has connected on 30 of his 32 field goal attempts and made NFL history this season.
According to Marist College, this year Myers also holds the following distinctions:
- Most made field goals of 50-plus yards of any NFL kicker this season
- Only NFL kicker who ranks in the league's top five in touchbacks, touchback percentage, and field goals made
- Became the first player in NFL history to hit five 55-yard field goals in a single season.
- Set a Jets' record with seven field goals on October 14 in a 42-34 win over the Indianapolis Colts.
Online and Twitter voting can help Myers reach his first Pro Bowl. Fan voting counts one-third toward Pro Bowl selections. NFL players and coaches make up the remaining.
You can vote for Myers by CLICKING HERE
You can also vote on Twitter until Dec. 13, the following ways.
Public retweets or public replies of tweets which include #ProBowlVote and any of the above combinations will also count as votes, according to Marist.
During the final two days of voting, Dec. 12 and Dec 13, all Twitter votes count double.
- Hudson Valley County Announces Permanent Ban on Plastic Bags
- DA: Hudson Valley Mother Tried to Murder Newborn
- Hudson Valley Man Murdered Near Popular Bar
- Former Hudson Valley Athlete Needs Your Help to Reach Pro Bowl
- 13 Hudson Valley Businesses Sold Alcohol to Minors, SLA Says
- Plane Heading to Dutchess County Lands on Golf Course, 3 Injured
- Hudson Valley Brothers Arrested for Black Friday Rape, Robbery