Deer Causes Fatal Accident On Palisades Parkway, Woman Killed
A Hudson Valley woman lost her life after a deer ran out into the middle of the Palisades Interstate Parkway.
On Thursday around 6:45 p.m., New York State Police responded to a single vehicle crash on the Palisades Interstate Parkway south of exit 11 in the town of Clarkstown.
Thomas Kofi, 68, of Spring Valley was driving south on the highway when a deer entered the road from the west shoulder. Kofi's car, a 2015 Nissan Altima, hit the deer, veered to the left, went off the road, struck several trees and overturned, police say.
Responding officers found a passenger, Miriam Kofi, 50, unconscious in the vehicle. She was removed from the vehicle and CPR was performed by a trooper until an ambulance arrived.
Miriam Kofi was later pronounced dead at Nyack Hospital. Thomas Kofi was transported to Westchester Medical Center with internal injuries. The two were married for over 30 years, CBS reports.
- Hudson Valley Man Finds Cockroach in Fast-Food Burger
- 3 Shot, 2 Killed Saturday Night in the Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Stars in #1 Movie in The World
- Deer Causes Fatal Accident On Palisades Parkway, Woman Killed
- Hudson Valley Man Sold Heroin On School Grounds, Police Say
- Police: Hudson Valley Prisoner Clogs Cell's Toilet, Smears Feces