2 Seriously Hurt in Fiery 2-Car Crash in Dutchess County
A Hudson Valley man is fighting for his life after a two-car crash in which one vehicle caught fire and the other ended up in a pond.
The Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a two-car serious crash on Noxon Road near Vincent Road in the Town of LaGrange.
According to police, on Tuesday around 7:40 a.m., 29-year-old Matthew V. Amicucci of LaGrange crossed over the center pavement markings while heading west in his 1994 Chevrolet pickup and hit an eastbound 2011 Ford Edge operated by Brenda V. Swatek, 45, of Wappingers Falls.
Right after the crash, Amiccucci's pickup caught fire while Swatek's Ford left the road and drove into a pond.
Amicucci was extricated after the fire was extinguished and was transported by helicopter to Westchester Medical Center.
Swatek was removed from her vehicle before first responders arrived and was taken to Mid-Hudson Regional Hospital in an ambulance.
Both were the only occupants of their respective vehicles and both suffered significant injuries, Amicucci’s being life-threatening, police say.
Two police officers and a firefighter were all treated for exposure to chemicals contained in extinguishers.
The road was closed for over almost four hours as police investigated.
- 20 Arrested After Welfare Fraud Investigations in Hudson Valley
- 2 Seriously Hurt in Fiery 2-Car Crash in Dutchess County
- Woman Shot in Ulster County Near Popular Restaurants
- Bus Driver Caught Watching Video While Driving to Hudson Valley
- 2 Hudson Valley Burgers Among 10 Best in New York State
- Hudson Valley Exposed to 'Very Contagious Disease'
- Hudson Valley Grandma Killed in Fire, 10 Injured
- Former Hudson Valley Resident's Child Seriously Injured in Crash
- Hudson Valley High School to Start 1 Hour Later