SLA: 4 Hudson Valley Businesses Sold Alcohol to Minors
Four businesses in the Hudson Valley were caught allegedly selling alcohol to minors.
Recently, the New York State Liquor Authority, working with the City of Middletown Police Department, conducted an underage-drinking sting operation visiting 30 different businesses, including convenience stores, grocery stores, delis, beverage centers and liquor stores.
26 businesses refused to sell to minors, however, four businesses sold alcohol to an undercover minor, police say.
According to the New York State Liquor Authority the below businesses sold to minors:
- Garcias Supermarket at 123 North Street in Middletown
- Kwik Mart of Middletown at 228 Dolson Avenue in Middletown
- Mr M Liquors at 15 James P Kelley Way in Middletown
- USA Gas at 217 Wickham Avenue in Middletown
Businesses charged underage sales face penalties of up to $10,000 per violation, with fines starting at $2,500 for a first-time offense. Repeat offenders also face possible suspension or revocation of their licenses. Employees who sell to minors can be arrested and charged with a misdemeanor.
- Car Chased By Cops Crashes Into Hudson Valley Home, 1 Likely Dead
- Police: Man Dies Retrieving Items From Burning Hudson Valley Home
- Hudson Valley Man Accused of Scalding 2-Year-Old
- SLA: 4 Hudson Valley Businesses Sold Alcohol to Minors
- DEC: Hiker Falls, Slides 40 Feet Down Popular Hudson Valley Falls
- Hudson Valley Woman Found Dead in Local Hotel Room
- Justin Bieber Engaged to Girl From the Hudson Valley
- Potentially Fatal Insect-Spread Virus Confirmed in Hudson Valley
- Pet Owner Abandons Dog in Hudson Valley With No Food, Water