Sexual Predator Released From Prison, Moves in Hudson Valley
A "Sexual Predator" who raped two young children was just released from prison and moved in the Hudson Valley. However, officials warn his new address might not be a valid mailing address.
Late last week, 51-year-old Brian Riker was released from prison and moved to Bloomingburg Road in Middletown. On Tuesday, it was reported the Level-3 Sex Offender then moved to Route 17N in Middletown.
However, according to the New York State Sex offender's Database, the United States Postal Service indicated the new address may not be a valid mailing address and requested local law enforcement obtain additional information. Nothing comes up when you search for the address on Google Maps.
Level-3 sex offenders are considered to have the highest risk of a repeat offense and are considered the greatest risk to the public.
Riker is considered a "Sexual Predator" on the New York State Sex offender's Database. He was sentenced in 2004 to 18 years in prison for raping and sexually abusing two young children, a 12-year-old girl and 11-year-old boy.
Riker knew the children and physically overpowered them, according to the New York State Sex offender's Database. According to special conditions of his release he's not allowed to have internet access, a computer in his home, make contact with his victims or drink alcohol.
- Nickelodeon Theme Park Set It Open Just Outside the Hudson Valley
- Sexual Predator Released From Prison, Moves in Hudson Valley
- Parents of Fallen West Point Cadet Win Right to Retrieve Sperm
- Hudson Valley Cop Fleeing Rabid Fox Shoots Himself in Chest
- Hudson Valley Student Diagnosed With Highly Contagious Virus
- Police Sergeant Accused of Making, Selling Guns in Hudson Valley
- 5 Hudson Valley School Districts Among 'Worst-graded' in New York
- 2 Hudson Valley Eateries Among Best Found 'Off The Beaten Path'