Police: Hudson Valley Man Sexually Assaulted Child
A Hudson Valley man is accused of sexually assaulting a child.
On Thursday, New York State Police from the Orange County Child Abuse Unit arrested 53-year-old Alton Royal of Walden for predatory sexual assault against a child, a felony.
Police didn’t go into details about the arrest but added that a crime is considered a predatory sexual assault against a child when someone over the age of 18 engages in sexual conduct with someone younger than 13.
Royal was remanded to Orange County Jail without bail.
The alleged act was investigated by the Troop F Orange County Child Abuse Unit, which is comprised of members from the State Police, Orange County Sherriff’s Office, Port Jervis Police Department and the Goshen Police Department, the Orange County CPS and state police investigators from NYC.
- Elderly Hudson Valley Couple Killed in ATV Accident
- Heroic Hudson Valley Man Stopped New York City Terror Attack
- Hudson Valley Sex Offender Moves Nears Local Schools, Colleges
- Police: Large Bear Seen Roaming the Streets of the Hudson Valley
- Police: Missouri Man Promoted Sexual Act by Hudson Valley Child
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley