Police: California Man Arrested After Robbery Attempt at Galleria
A man from Los Angeles is behind bars in the Hudson Valley after he allegedly tried to steal from a shopper at the galleria
On Tuesday around 6:15 p.m., Town of Poughkeepsie police responded to the parking lot at the Poughkeepsie Galleria, near J. C. Penney, for a report of an armed robbery.
A man reportedly approached a woman in the parking lot near J.C. Penney and forcibly tried to take her purse and shopping bag. The woman wasn't hurt and the man fled after he failed at taking the items from the woman, police say.
The woman gave police a description of the man and after a brief investigation, he was found inside the Poughkeepsie Galleria, according to the Town of Poughkeepsie Police Department.
Ethan J. Awaise, 24, of Los Angeles, C.A. was charged with attempted robbery, a felony. He was remanded to Dutchess County Jail in lieu of $20,000 cash or $40,000 bond.
- Tick Carrying Deadly Brain Swelling Virus Kills in Hudson Valley
- Man Allegedly Recorded Women, Children at Hudson Valley Walmart
- Ice Cream Trucks 'Banned' in Parts of Hudson Valley
- Nearly 100 Headstones Damaged at Hudson Valley Cemetery
- Award-Winning Hudson Valley Restaurant Will Serve Food Later
- Police Investigate Shooting at Newburgh Waterfront
- Hudson Valley Man Murdered Father Who Was Protecting Son
- Customer: Hudson Valley Gas Station Fills Up Gas Tanks With Water
- Lower Hudson Valley Dad Arrested After Babies Die in Hot Car
- Petition Wants Confederate Railroad Perform in Hudson Valley