Nearly 100 Headstones Damaged at Hudson Valley Cemetery
Police need help finding the person or people responsible for damaging or destroying nearly 100 headstones from a Hudson Valley cemetery.
The Town of New Windsor Police Department is investigating the damage that was done to close to 100 headstones and other property at the Calvary Cemetery, located at the intersection of Route 94 and Route 9W in the Town of New Windsor.
Police believe an unknown person or people knocked over 100 headstones from gravesites and damaged numerous other items on the property sometime between Saturday afternoon and Monday morning.
CBS New York reports many headstones were pushed down to the grass while statues are face down and headless.
“These are big stones they knocked down. It had to be groups of people,” Calvary Cemetery superintendent Harry Coolidge told CBS. “They weigh thousands of pounds, some of them.”
The Town of New Windsor Police Department Detective Division is requesting the community’s assistance in identifying the person or people responsible for the damage. Detectives are currently conducting interviews, conducting neighborhood canvasses and reviewing video surveillance footage in the area.
If anyone has any information, especially any video surveillance systems on their homes or businesses in the area and are willing to share the footage with police, please contact the New Windsor Police Department @ (845) 565-7000 or by email @ email@example.com. All calls and emails will be kept confidential.
- Nearly 100 Headstones Damaged at Hudson Valley Cemetery
- Award-Winning Hudson Valley Restaurant Will Serve Food Later
- Fundraiser For Hudson Valley Father Who Forgot Babies in Hot Car
- The 7 Hudson Valley Cities Where Rent Costs the Most
- Hudson Valley Woman Accused of Fatally Hitting Grandfather
- Police Investigate Shooting at Newburgh Waterfront
- Hudson Valley Man Murdered Father Who Was Protecting Son
- Customer: Hudson Valley Gas Station Fills Up Gas Tanks With Water
- Lower Hudson Valley Dad Arrested After Babies Die in Hot Car
- Petition Wants Confederate Railroad Perform in Hudson Valley