Pair Found With Loaded Stolen Gun on Taconic, Police Say
A couple was arrested on the Taconic in the Hudson Valley for allegedly possessing a loaded stolen gun.
On Monday, New York State Police announced the arrests of 29-year-old Charece Y. Boatwright of Pittsfield, M.A. and Anthony C. Jackson, 25, of the Bronx for criminal possession of a weapon, criminal possession of a firearm and criminal possession of stolen property, all felonies. Jackson was additionally charged with a violation for possession of marijuana.
On June 14, troopers conducted a traffic stop on a 2000 Ford Taurus on the Taconic State Parkway in the town of East Fishkill.
Police later found a loaded revolver which was reported stolen from Vermont and a small amount of marijuana, police say.
Boatwright and Jackson were arraigned before the Town of East Fishkill Court. Both were remanded to the Dutchess County Jail in lieu of $25,000 cash bail or $50,000 bond.
- Hudson Valley Teen Drowns in Creek
- Police Warn After 'Predicate Sex Offender' Moves to Ulster County
- Hudson Valley Family Loses Everything in Fire, Help Needed
- 7-Story Building Collapses in Poughkeepsie, People Likely Trapped
- How To Avoid Deadly Brain-Eating Parasite
- Man Shot and Killed by Police in Hudson Valley
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Fondled Self at Kohl's in Front of Kids
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Pinched Child's Buttocks at Marshall's
- Hudson Valley Firefighters Deliver Baby Girl
- Weed May Soon Be Legal in New York State
- Hudson Valley Girl Is Fastest Girl in U.S. History