Hudson Valley Lands Professional Sports Team
The Hudson Valley is officially home to a professional sports team.
The New York Liberty announced the Westchester County Center in White Plains will be the team’s primary home for the Liberty’s 2018 WNBA season.
“MSG has had a very positive experience at the Westchester County Center and believes it is a venue where the Liberty can extend our fan base while maintaining our roots at The Garden,” New York Liberty President Isiah Thomas said in press release.
New York will play 15 home games at the Westchester County Center. The home opener is scheduled for Friday, May 25 at 7:30 p.m.
“The New York Liberty has been a mainstay with great players and passionate fans since our inaugural season,” WNBA President Lisa Borders said. “We look forward to watching the Liberty play its 22nd season with games at The Westchester County Center, a great, intimate venue for the team’s incredibly passionate fans.”
Two 2018 Liberty home games will be played at Madison Square Garden.
- Hudson Valley Athletic Trainer Saves High School Student’s Life
- Fast Food Delivery Officially Coming Soon to the Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Throws Urine at Officer
- Police: Hudson Valley Elementary Teacher Found With Child Porn
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Found With Arsenal of Assault Rifles
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley