Excavator Falls Off Trailer Causing Power Outage in Hudson Valley
An excavator rolled off a trailer in the Hudson Valley causing a power outage.
Last Thursday around 1:30 p.m., Saugerties police responded to a 911 call on Manorville Road for a reported rollover motor vehicle crash involving an excavator.
An investigation determined a 29-year-old man from Saugerties was operating a 1985 Mack dump truck while pulling a trailer carrying a 2001 EX-120 Hitachi excavator, southbound on Manorville Road when the trailer failed, causing the excavator to encounter utility wires, police say.
The excavator then broke free from the trailer and overturned in the roadway. As the excavator broke free, the arm of the excavator ripped down telephone and utility wires, causing a power outage in the area, according to the Saugerties Police Department.
The driver wasn't injured but was citing for having four bald tires on the truck, an expired inspection, speed not reasonable and prudent and pulling a trailer with an expired registration.
- Hudson Valley Teen Battling Rare Stage-3 Cancer
- Man Near NY Diagnosed With Potentially Fatal Insect-Spread Virus
- Drunk Driver Fleeing Police Murdered Hudson Valley Mother
- MUST SEE PHOTOS: Hudson Valley Couple Gets Engaged at Car Wash
- America's Oldest Theater Company Wants to Build $11 Million Theater in Hudson Valley, Beer and Full Meals Served
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Suddenly Closes
- Galleria Parking Garage Falls on Woman's Car
- 10 Hudson Valley Sex Offenders Arrested
- Hudson Valley Animal Activists Rescue 32 Dogs From Upstate NY