Dutchess County Man Killed in Route 9D Crash
A 25-year-old from Dutchess County lost his life in an early Tuesday morning crash on Route 9D.
New York State Police from the Wappinger barracks are investigating a fatal motor vehicle crash that occurred on State Route 9D near Stonykill Road in the town of Wappinger on Tuesday around 1 a.m.
An initial investigation suggests a southbound 2008 Nissan Sentra failed to maintain its lane, for unknown reasons and exited the road on the west shoulder, police say.
The driver, 25-year-old Amilcar De Martinez Palma of Poughkeepsie, overcorrected, lost control of his car and struck a utility pole, according to New York State Police.
De Martinez Palma was pronounced dead on the scene by emergency medical personnel.
New York State Police were assisted on scene by Chelsea Fire Department, EMStar, and Central Hudson Gas and Electric.
- Hudson Valley Teen Murdered in College Dorm
- First Responders Save Hudson Valley Family's Dog's Life
- Dutchess County Man Killed in Route 9D Crash
- Former NYPD, Living in Hudson Valley Accused of Disability Fraud
- Victims in Triple Murder-Suicide to be Laid to Rest in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Gets Voice Back After Losing it From ALS
- High-Risk Sex Offender Moves Near Hudson Valley Elementary School
- Did You Know That Barbara Bush Grew Up in the Hudson Valley?
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley