Did You Know That Barbara Bush Grew Up in the Hudson Valley?
Did you know that well before she became first lady, Barbara Bush grew up in the Hudson Valley?
Over the weekend, news broke that the former first lady is in failing health and won't seek more medical treatment.
A source told CNN that Bush doesn't want to go back into a hospital and would rather be cared for in her Texas home.
In a statement, Bush's office said that the wife of former President George H. W. Bush will focus on "comfort care" and won't seek additional medical treatment after a "recent series of hospitalizations."
Bush passed away on Monday, at the age of 92.
Bush was born in 1925 in New York City, but was raised in Westchester County. She grew up in Rye and attended Rye’s Milton Public School and Rye Country Day School, according to biography.com
"Growing up in the affluent suburb of Rye, N.Y., Barbara and her three siblings enjoyed many advantages," the Encylopedia Britannica writes.
Bush is only the second person to be both a wife and a mother to a president of the United States.
- Hudson Valley Teen Murdered in College Dorm
- First Responders Save Hudson Valley Family's Dog's Life
- Dutchess County Man Killed in Route 9D Crash
- Former NYPD, Living in Hudson Valley Accused of Disability Fraud
- Victims in Triple Murder-Suicide to be Laid to Rest in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Gets Voice Back After Losing it From ALS
- High-Risk Sex Offender Moves Near Hudson Valley Elementary School
- Did You Know That Barbara Bush Grew Up in the Hudson Valley?
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley