Retired Police Lieutenant From Hudson Valley Raped 2 Relatives
A retired police officer from the Hudson Valley admitted he sexually abused and raped two relatives.
On Wednesday in Orange County Court, 46-year-old Nicholas McAteer of Greenwood Lake pleaded guilty to two counts of rape.
McAteer admitted he forcibly raped two girls. McAteer raped the first girl in 2007 when the girl was 18. He raped a 15-year-old girl in 2011.
Both victims were related to McAteer, a 24-year NYPD veteran, according to the New York Daily News. He retired from the NYPD with a ranking of lieutenant in March of 2017.
The guilty plea satisfied an 82-count indictment, involving a series of sexual offenses that he committed against both girls over a number of years, officials say.
"Sex offenses destroy people’s lives and that is especially true when the victims are young people," Orange County District Attorney David Hoovler said. "Through the plea that we announce today, the defendant’s victims will receive some measure of justice and, I hope, closure, for the series of acts that the defendant committed against them.”
McAteer faces up to 18 years in prison when he is sentenced on June 13.
- Retired Police Lieutenant From Hudson Valley Raped 2 Relatives
- Hudson Valley Walmart Undergoing Big Changes
- Former Hudson Valley Doctor Accused of Stealing Nearly $1 Million
- Teacher From Hudson Valley Found Dead in School, 2 Charged
- Mother Who Killed 4 Kids Moves to Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Sexually Abused Child He Babysat
- Hudson Valley Man Killed in Apparent Hit-And-Run On Interstate 84
- Hudson Valley Family’s Dog Found After 1.5 Years
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley