Police: Drunk Hudson Valley Mom Crashes Car With Kids
Police say a Hudson Valley mother crashed her car while driving drunk with two children in her vehicle and later assaulted an officer.
On Feb. 4, around 9:30 p.m., deputies from the Ulster County Sheriff’s Office responded to an accident in the Town of Rosendale and while investigating, a second 911 call was received reporting a drunk woman who just arrived at a home in New Paltz.
New Paltz Police made contact with the alleged drunk woman, 33-year-old Mary T. Klein of New Paltz. Deputies also responded to the home and found Klein's vehicle damage consistent with the accident scene, police say.
According to the Ulster County Sheriff’s Office, Klein crashed her car while driving drunk with two children in the car and later assaulted a deputy.
Klein was charged with DWI, aggravated DWI, assault, felonies, endangering the welfare of a child, obstructing governmental administration, misdemeanors, as well as infractions for leaving the scene of a property damage accident and speed not reasonable or prudent.
Klein was arraigned in the Town of Esopus Court and remanded to the Ulster County Jail in lieu of $15,000 cash bail or $30,000 secured bond.
- AG: 16 Violent Hudson Valley Heroin Dealers Charged
- Hudson Valley Man Jailed For Fatal Drunken Head-On Crash
- Large Reward Offered For String of Dutchess County Bank Robberies
- 6 Die From Drug Overdoses in Hudson Valley
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Kills Neighbor's Dog
- Hudson Valley Lands Professional Sports Team
- Police: Hudson Valley Elementary Teacher Found With Child Porn
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley