Police: Hudson Valley Man Kills Neighbor’s Dog
A Hudson Valley man is accused of fatally shooting his neighbor's dog with a shotgun.
On Friday, New York State Police from the Poughkeepsie arrested 58-year-old Scott Messick of Pleasant Valley for aggravated cruelty to animals and illegal discharge of a firearm, both misdemeanors.
On January 28, New York State Police responded to Meddaugh Road in the town of Lagrange for a report of a dog shot.
An investigation determined Messick fired a shot from a shotgun within 500 feet of a nearby home and killed his neighbor's dog, police say.
Messick was issued appearance tickets returnable to the town of Lagrange Court on February 20, 2018, at 5:00 p.m.
- Hudson Valley Athletic Trainer Saves High School Student’s Life
- Fast Food Delivery Officially Coming Soon to the Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Lands Professional Sports Team
- Hudson Valley Man Throws Urine at Officer
- Police: Hudson Valley Elementary Teacher Found With Child Porn
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Found With Arsenal of Assault Rifles
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley