Police: Man Beats Security Guard At Hudson Valley Walmart
A Bronx man is accused of beating a security guard at a Walmart in the Hudson Valley.
On Monday, New York State Police from Wappinger arrested 22-year-old Rasheem O. Grant of Bronx for menacing, criminal possession of a weapon, aggravated unlicensed operation, misdemeanors, and harassment, a violation.
Dutchess County 911 dispatched troopers to the Walmart in the Town of Fishkill for a report of a disturbance involving a man and an unknown weapon.
Police allegedly found Grant as he was trying to flee.
Grant is accused of starting a fight with a a Walmart security guard. Grant struck the security guard several times and later threatened him with a metal pipe, police say.
Grant was remanded to the Dutchess County Jail in lieu of $2,500 cash bail and $5,000 bond.
- Hudson Valley Man Killed In Head-On Columbus Day Crash
- Hudson Valley Store Allegedly Told Worker Her Hair Violated Dress Code
- Hudson Valley Man Killed In Alleged Drunk Driving Accident
- Hudson Valley Man Jailed For Raping Teen
- 10 arrested in Orange County Drug Bust
- Hudson Valley Man Threatened ShopRite Customer with Knife
- National Crime Ring Hits The Hudson Valley, Help Needed to Catch Suspects
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley