Police: Hudson Valley Man Sexually Assaults Child For Over 2 Years
A Hudson Valley man is accused of sexually assaulting a child for over two years. More victims are possible, according to police.
On Thursday, 23-year-old Cesar Contreras Castillo of Pleasant Valley was arrested following an investigation into the sexual assault of a child.
An investigation by the Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office and the Dutchess County Child Advocacy Center determined Castillo sexually assaulted a young child over a two-year time period, police say.
Castillo was charged with predatory sexual assault against a child, a felony. He was remanded to the Dutchess County Jail with no bail.
According to the Dutchess County Sheriff’s office, Castillo knew the child and there is no threat to the public. However, anyone with information about this case or similar incidents involving Castillo they are urged to contact Deputy Ben Sistarenik at (845) 486-3778. The Sheriff’s Office can also be contacted via the tipline at (845) 605-CLUE (2583) or email@example.com. All information will be kept confidential.
- Police Save Suicidal Child in Hudson Valley
- Police: School Employee Attempted to Rape Teen in Hudson Valley
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Sexually Assault Child For Over 2 Years
- Police: Maryland Drug Dealer Arrested in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Woman Accused of Stealing Neighbor's Coin Jug
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley