Police: Maryland Drug Dealer Arrested in Hudson Valley
An alleged Maryland drug dealer is under arrest after for allegedly selling weed out of his Hudson Valley hotel room.
On Thursday, 42-year-old Hector Morales Jr. was stopped by an Ulster County Deputy Sheriff in the Village of Ellenville for an alleged traffic violation.
During the stop, Morales admitted to the deputy that he was on his way to the post office to mail a package of marijuana, police say.
Morales was arrested. During processing, authorities found a room key for the Days Inn on Route 209 in Wurtsboro.
The Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office was notified. A subsequent investigation led deputies to Morales’ hotel room where almost one pound of marijuana was recovered along with a food saver vacuum sealing machine, police say.
Morales was charged with two counts of possession of marijuana, one a felony the other a misdemeanor.
He was arraigned in Town of Mamakating Court and released after posting $750 bail.
- Police Save Suicidal Child in Hudson Valley
- Police: School Employee Attempted to Rape Teen in Hudson Valley
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Sexually Assault Child For Over 2 Years
- Police: Maryland Drug Dealer Arrested in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Woman Accused of Stealing Neighbor's Coin Jug
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley