Police: Dutchess Man Threatened to Kill Family Member
A Dutchess County man is accused of violating an order of protection by telling someone he was going to kill that person.
On Friday, the Town of Poughkeepsie Police Department received a complaint about an order of protection violation. The victim said 32-year-old Andrew K. Winstel of Millbrook said he was going to kill the unnamed victim.
A family court order of protection prohibits Winstel from making contact with the victim, police say. Winstel surrendered himself to police and was charged with criminal contempt, a felony. He was remanded to Dutchess County Jail in lieu of $5,000 cash or $10,000 bond.
- Lawyer: Unseen Video From Viral Bar Fight Tells Different Story
- 3 Hudson Valley Restaurants Makes List of 'America’s Favorite'
- Hudson Valley Officer Sexually Harassed By Boss, Lawsuit Claims
- Have You Seen This Wanted Hudson Valley 'Sexual Predator'?
- 'Sexually Violent' Sex Offender Moves in Hudson Valley
- Beloved Hudson Valley Teacher, Father to 10 Killed
- Hudson Valley High School Senior Killed in Crash
- Man Found Dead Pinned Under Truck in Hudson Valley
- Encounter With Bouncer, Customer at Hudson Valley Bar Goes Viral
- Hudson Valley Woman With Suspended License Causes Fatal Accident