Police: 2 Robbed and Beat Woman at Hudson Valley Grocery Store
Two Hudson Valley women were arrested following an investigation into an alleged robbery and assault at a local grocery store.
On Tuesday, the Town of Poughkeepsie Police Department reported the arrests of 27-year-old Ashley M. Bickford and 28-year-old Angela L. Johnson, both of Poughkeepsie, following an investigation into an alleged robbery and assault at the R&K Grocery store on Main Street in Poughkeepsie.
On March 13, around 10:30 p.m., there was a verbal argument over a car alarm that escalated into a physical altercation where the pair hit the victim and stole her purse which contained cash, credit cards and a necklace, police say.
Bickford is accused of damaging the woman's car as she tried to drive away. Both were charged with robbery and assault, felonies. Bickford was also charged with misdemeanor criminal mischief.
Both were sent to Dutchess County Jail. Bickford in lieu of $50,000 cash bail or bond, Johnson on $10,000 cash bail or $20,000 bond.
- Unvaccinated Children Banned From These Hudson Valley Locations
- Hudson Valley Lakeside Castle Owned By Yankee Legend is For Sale
- Cuomo Plans to use 'Dirty Tricks' Against Molinaro, Friend Says
- Hudson Valley Child Named NBA All-Star Finalist, You Can Help Him
- Reward Increased To Find 'Armed and Dangerous' Hudson Valley Man
- 90-Year-Old Hudson Valley Man Skydiving to Support Autism
- Hudson Valley Man Dead, Woman Seriously Injured Following Crash
- SP: Grocery Store Worker Arrested For Bigoted Remarks To Coworker
- High-Risk Hudson Valley Sex Offender Found Hiding Near Schools
- Shoppers at Hudson Valley Target, Supermarket Exposed to Measles