High-Risk Hudson Valley Sex Offender Found Hiding Near Schools
A man who's labeled a "Sexually Violent Offender and Predicate Sex Offender" is accused of hiding from police within walking distance of a number of Hudson Valley schools.
On Friday, Charles Muenster, 69, of Newburgh was charged by the Town of Lloyd Police Department with sex offender failure to report an address change, a class D felony.
Muenster was found living at America's Best Value Inn on Route 9W in Highland, police say. The Level-3 sex offender was allegedly staying at the hotel for several weeks and failed to notify police of his address change.
The hotel is about a half-mile from Highland Elementary School and Highland Middle School, according to Google Maps.
In 2006, Muenster was sentenced to five years in prison for sexually abusing a 24-year-old woman in Orange County, according to the New York State Sex Offender's database. Level-3 sex offenders are considered to have the highest risk of a repeat offense and are considered the greatest risk to the public.
Muenster was remanded to the Ulster County Jail without bail.
- SP: Grocery Store Worker Arrested For Bigoted Remarks To Coworker
- High-Risk Hudson Valley Sex Offender Found Hiding Near Schools
- Raging Fire Leaves 6 Hudson Valley Families Homeless
- Shoppers at Hudson Valley Target, Supermarket Exposed to Measles
- You Should Probably Change Your Facebook, Instagram Password