Police: 12 Charged For Drug Sales Drugs Near Hudson Valley School
Twelve were arrested for either buying or selling drugs near a Hudson Valley school.
On Thursday, members of the City of Newburgh Police Department and Orange County District Attorney’s Office Task Force conducted a narcotics operation in the City of Newburgh to address may complaints of drug deals near South Junior High.
“This collaborative effort should act as yet another reminder of how dedicated we are to eliminating crime and making our neighborhoods safer for the residents of The City of Newburgh," City of Newburgh Police Chief Doug Solomon said.
As a result, Christopher Brown, 49, and 25-year-old Joel Brown were charged with criminal sale of a controlled substance in or near school grounds, a felony. Eight were charged with misdemeanor criminal possession of a controlled substance and two were arrested for aggravated unlicensed operation, a misdemeanor.
“We are all too familiar with the damage and violence that the drug trade inflicts on our communities. Those who go to the City of Newburgh to purchase narcotics further enable drug dealers to damage the City," Orange County District Attorney David Hoovler said in a press release.
- Exotic Tick Which Spreads Deadly Disease Found In Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Police Officer Killed Heading To Work Laid To Rest
- Hudson Valley Teen Pleads Guilty Following School Shooting Threat
- 3 Hudson Valley Men Jailed For Murder of Hudson Valley Teen
- 7 Arrested in Hudson Valley Prostitution Bust
- Police: 12 Charged For Drug Sales Drugs Near Hudson Valley School