New York Man Admits To Raping Hudson Valley Child
A man admitted he raped and sexually abused a Hudson Valley child.
On Thursday, the Ulster County District Attorney's Office announced 46-year-old Mark Smith of Greene pleaded guilty to rape and criminal sexual act in Ulster County Court.
Smith confessed he had sexual intercourse with a child younger than 17 and engaged in oral sex with the child between October 31, 2018, and December 31, 2018.
Both crimes occurred at the child’s home in the Town of Rochester.
On Jan. 2, the Ulster County Family and Child Advocacy Center began investigating several allegations about a 15-year-old woman being raped. Police were told the girl was raped in the Town of Rochester during the fall and winter of 2018. Smith was arrested following an investigation on Jan. 5.
Smith faces up to eight years in prison when sentenced. He will also have to register under the New York State Sexual Offender Registration Act for a minimum of 20 years.
- VIDEO: Deer Runs Wild Inside Store at Palisades Center Mall
- Residents Near Hudson Valley Warned of 'Mountain Lion' Sightings
- 9 Hudson Valley Restaurants Make Best Burger List
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Pleasured Himself on Rail Trail
- New Information About Hudson Valley Fire Chief's Fatal Crash
- Tick Carrying Deadly Brain Swelling Virus Bites Two Near Area
- Hudson Valley Diner Workers To Walk Red Carpet
- Hudson Valley Cafe Owner Killed While Protecting Animals
- Hudson Valley Man Fatally Shot, 2 Others Shot Near Dunkin'
- Food Plant Should Produce Nearly 1,000 New Hudson Valley Jobs