Hudson Valley Woman Dies In 3-Car Crash on 287
A Hudson Valley woman lost her life while a local man was injured in a serious three-car crash on I-287.
On Monday around 1:30 a.m., State Police responded to the area of I-287 East n the City of White Plains for a report of a three-car serious injury motor vehicle accident.
An investigation revealed for an unknown reason a 2018 Nissan SUV driven by 49-year-old Patricia Jimenez-Gaylor from Mamaroneck crashed into the back of a 1991 Ford F550 that was stopped in the left-lane of I-287 for a construction project, police say.
Jimenez-Gaylor was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the Ford, 49-year-old David J. Arndt of Carmel, suffered minor injuries, according to New York State Police.
The force of the crash caused the Ford F550 to hit a construction vehicle. Police didn't release the name of the third driver but say the driver wasn't injured.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
- 4 Children Accused of Drawing Multiple Swastikas in Hudson Valley
- Manhattanites Are Taking Over the Hudson Valley
- Police: Hudson Valley Heroin Dealer Found With 1,440 Bags
- Hudson Valley Pizzeria Owner Evaded Nearly $1 Million in Taxes
- $596 Million Winning Lottery Tickets Sold in Hudson Valley
- $687 Million Powerball Jackpot Won in New York
- Cases of Measles in Hudson Valley More Than Doubles
- Hudson Valley Towns Where Hunters Killed the Most Deer