Hudson Valley Teen Publishes Book
A Hudson Valley high school student had her first novel published.
Ndidi Aguwa a high school senior at Our Lady of Lourdes in Poughkeepsie recently wrote Fearless: The Battle Begins.
The novel is about 16-year-old McKenna Donaldson, the Fire Keeper who, attends a boarding school for people with power.
According to the book's description on Amazon:
Sixteen-year-old McKenna Donaldson is the Fire Keeper; she holds the Firestone, the power source for all Fire Wielders in the world. McKenna attends Lalande Academy, a boarding school for people with Elemental powers. Her life is finally starting to become normal once more following the disappearance of her mother and eleven sisters two years ago.
Then her world is once more turned upside down when the Water and Air Keepers two girls who have been missing turn up at the boarding school. Emma Richards, the Water Keeper, tells McKenna and her friends that they could find and rescue the important Elementals who vanished two years before including McKennas family. The group of teens begin preparing for the mission of a lifetime. But Acerbity, an organization that wants Elementals dead, is intent on disrupting their plans, and McKenna soon realizes she can no longer live in fear of her powers. In order to get back what was lost, shell have to overcome what is holding her backeven if it means a personal sacrifice she could never have imagined.
The book was published by Archway in August. It's currently being sold on Amazon and other sites in hardcover or paperback. According to Aguwa's Instagram, she held a book signing at a local Barnes & Noble in mid-October.
Fearless: The Battle Begins is Aguwa's first novel. When she isn't writing or studying at Our Lady of Lourdes, she loves watching soccer, reading and listening to music, according to her website. She lives with her parents and two younger siblings.
- Cops: Body Found After Elderly Hudson Valley Man Jumps Off Bridge
- Blind Hudson Valley Veteran Aims to Help Lives of Disabled Vets
- Hudson Valley Teen Publishes Book
- Car Crashes Into Building On Hudson Valley College Campus
- 4 Children Accused of Drawing Multiple Swastikas in Hudson Valley
- Manhattanites Are Taking Over the Hudson Valley
- Police: Hudson Valley Heroin Dealer Found With 1,440 Bags
- Hudson Valley Pizzeria Owner Evaded Nearly $1 Million in Taxes
- $596 Million Winning Lottery Tickets Sold in Hudson Valley