Hudson Valley Sex Offender Arrested For Not Registering Address, Again
For the second time in about a year a Hudson Valley sex offender was arrested for giving police the wrong home address.
On Thursday, East Fishkill police detectives arrested 34-year-old James Durlacher, a registered sex offender, for failing to register or report change of address, a felony.
In August, Durlacher told police he moved from East Fishkill to a home in Newburgh. In reality, Durlacher was staying with a friend in Wappinger, police say.
The 34-year-old was convicted of deviate sexual intercourse and sexual contact with a 14-year-old boy in 2007.
Durlacher was sentenced to 16 months to 4 years in prison. He is registered as a level two sex offender. Level two sex offenders are considered to have a moderate chance of repeating.
He was remanded to the Dutchess County Jail on $50,000 bail or $ 100,000 bond.
- Police: Hudson Valley Mother Kills Children’s Father
- 8 Accused of Moving to Hudson Valley to Sell Large Amounts of Heroin
- Hudson Valley Police Save Potential Suicidal Woman
- Help Needed to Find 2 Missing Hudson Valley Men
- Police: Hudson Valley Mechanic Steals Check From Customer’s Car
- Beware: Man Trying To Lure Children Into Car in the Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley