8 Accused of Moving to Hudson Valley to Sell Large Amounts of Heroin
Following a nearly four month investigation, eight are accused of moving to the Hudson Valley to sell large amounts of heroin.
On Monday, the New York State Police Community Narcotics Enforcement Team, the Sullivan County District Attorney’s Office, along with federal, state and local law enforcement executed search warrants and arrested eight people on felony charges as part of a month’s long narcotics investigation.
The investigation targeted a group of people who allegedly moved to Sullivan County from New Jersey to sell large amounts of heroin in the Hudson Valley.
The investigation revealed 20-year-old Davante Robinson supplied large amounts of heroin to members of the organization and was selling large quantities of heroin throughout Sullivan County, police say.
On one occasion, Robinson is accused of selling over 1,000 bags of heroin. The heroin was coming from Essex County, N.J., police say.
State Police allege the group sold heroin in the town of Mamakating, Fallsburg, Highland and the villages of Liberty and Monticello.
According to police, evidence recovered during the execution of the search warrants included 121.3 grams of heroin, which included more than 3,000 glassine bags of heroin and 31 grams of loose heroin. Also seized was Suboxone, crack cocaine, marijuana, drug paraphernalia and more than $6,000 cash.
Those arrested as a result of the investigation are:
- Shyquan Tait, 20, South Fallsburg: five-counts of criminal sale of a controlled substance and three-counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance, felonies.
- Alisha Purdy, 37, Loch Sheldrake: two-counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance, a felony.
- Shaheed White, 21, East Orange, N.J.: criminal possession of a controlled substance, felony
- Kevin Yuille, 19, Orange, N.J.: criminal sale of a controlled substance and two-counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance, felonies
- Davante Robinson, 20, Irvington N.J.: criminal sale of a controlled substance, a class A-2 felony
- Angel Mulero, 38, Hurleyville: third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a felony, and seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a misdemeanor.
- Ronald Smith, 44, Monticello: two-counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance, felonies.
- Stephan Banks 22, Newark, N.J.: criminal possession of a controlled substance and criminal sale of a controlled substance, felonies
Robinson was arrested in New Jersey and is awaiting extradition to New York. The others were remanded to Sullivan County Jail on no bail.
- Help Needed to Find 2 Missing Hudson Valley Men
- Police: Hudson Valley Mechanic Steals Check From Customer’s Car
- Hudson Valley Gang Leader Guilty of Attempted Murder, More
- Hudson Valley Man Accused of Second Fatal Drunk Driving Accident
- Beware: Man Trying To Lure Children Into Car in the Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Girl Moves Millions With Incredible Voice
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley