Police: Hudson Valley Mechanic Steals Check From Customer’s Car
A local mechanic is accused of stealing a check from a customer’s car, making it payable to himself and cashing it.
Recently, New York State Police from Rhinebeck arrested 25-year-old Lucas Martinez of Kingston for criminal possession of a forged instrument, a felony.
Martinez, a mechanic at Mavis Tire in Rhinebeck, stole a personal check from a customer’s vehicle, forged the signature on the check, made it payable to himself and cashed it at Wells Fargo Bank in the City of Kingston, stealing $550.00 from the customer’s account, police say.
Wells Fargo Bank provided video surveillance of Martinez wearing his Mavis Tire Uniform and cashing the check.
Mavis Tire suspended Martinez until his case is heard, officials say.
Martinez was arraigned in the City of Kingston Justice Court and remanded to the Ulster County Jail in lieu of $2,500 cash bail or $500 property bond.
- Hudson Valley Man Accused of Second Fatal Drunk Driving Accident
- Beware: Man Trying To Lure Children Into Car in the Hudson Valley
- Help Needed to Find 2 Missing Hudson Valley Men
- Hudson Valley Man Murdered By Teen, Police Say
- Police: Teen Poses as Police Officer, Attempts To Lure Woman into Car
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley