Hudson Valley School Warns of Tricky, Realistic Payment Scam
A school in the Huson Valley is warning the public about a payment scam that looks real because the scam comes from a high ranking school official.
On Thursday just after 12:30 p.m., Dutchess County Community College warned students about a spam email sent to students demanding payment.
According to the college, the email from "Judi Stokes" is spam and should not be opened and deleted immediately.
Judi Stokes is the Director of Communications and Public Relations at Dutchess County Community College, according to the college's website. So it's no surprise why some students might fall for the scam, or why the college is taking the scam seriously.
Below is the message on the college's website:
The College has become aware of a spam email from Judi Stokes requesting payment for an invoice. Please do not open the email; just delete it. Sorry for any inconvenience. Also, please be aware that most offices will be closed on Fridays through August 2, with extended hours until 7 p.m. on Tuesdays. We look forward to working with you!
- Hudson Valley Woman Says Disgusting Item Found in Taco Bell Order
- Missing American Scientist From Lower Hudson Valley Found Dead
- Hudson Valley Teacher to Battle James Holzhauer on Jeopardy!
- Two Lower Hudson Valley Mothers Die in Dominican Republic
- 33 Hudson Valley School Districts That Pay Principals The Most
- Missing Hudson Valley Man Found Dead
- Lower Hudson Valley Mother Dies In Dominican Republic
- Naked Hudson Valley Man Injured After Jumping From Moving Truck
- Bears Are Being Seen Near Hudson Valley Homes At Alarming Rates