Hudson Valley Man Tried To Kill Man Outside Popular Club
A Hudson Valley man received a lengthy prison sentence after he admitted he tried to kill a man outside a local nightclub.
On Tuesday in Orange County Court, 25-year-old Antonie Johnson of Newburgh was sentenced to 18 years in prison in connection with the shooting of a man outside the 411 Lounge in the City of Newburgh in March.
In July, Johnson pleaded guilty to attempted murder. At the time he admitted he illegally possessed a loaded handgun which he fired multiple times at a car being driven by the victim and that bullets from that weapon hit the vehicle, striking the victim in his elbow.
Johnson admitted that he was attempting to kill the victim at the time he fired the shots.
“This defendant admitted his intent to take another’s life and clearly deserves a lengthy state prison sentence,” Orange County District Attorney David Hoovler said. “The unlawful taking of another human life is among the worst crimes that one can commit, and the likelihood of killing increases dramatically when a person chooses to use a weapon.”
- Police: Teen Killed In Front of Hudson Valley Restaurant
- Hudson Valley Officer Accused of Killing Ex-Wife
- Human Remains Found in Bag in Hudson Valley, Police Need Answers
- Smoke From Deadly California Wildfires Reaches New York
- 9 Tips To Keep Your Family Safe From Thanksgiving Salmonella
- Hudson Valley Infant Suffers Significant Burns To Body
- Local Weather Experts Predicts More Snow Than Normal This Winter
- Watch Out For This Deadly Turkey This Thanksgiving
- Pregnant Hudson Valley Woman Killed, Teen Clings To Life