Hudson Valley Man Dies in Construction Accident
A local man lost his life after an accident at a construction site.
On Wednesday, New York State Police from Brewster, along with the Village of Brewster Police Department, responded to Route 22 in the Village of Brewster for an apparent construction accident.
According to police, around 7:30 a.m., 52-year-old Keith P. Bonnes of Cortlandt Manor fell off Hydro Mobil scaffolding. The scaffolding was placed 15 to 20 feet above ground.
A co-worker immediately contacted 911. First responders report that Bonnes suffered head and chest injuries as a result of the fall. He was still conscious while being transported to Danbury Hospital, police say.
However, Bonnes went into cardiac arrest after he arrived at the hospital. He died a short time later.
The incident, which appears to be accidental, remains under investigation, police say.
- Dutchess County Pizzeria Owner Charged With Murder At Hudson Valley Hunting Club
- Hudson Valley Man Admits to Driving Drunk, High During Fatal Crash
- Hudson Valley Man Charged With Manslaughter in Beating Death of Man by Train Tracks
- Did Army Football Kneel in Protest During the National Anthem?
- New York Man Among Those Killed In Las Vegas Shooting
- Community in Shock After Hudson Valley Woman Allegedly Kills Father of Children
- ‘Sexually Violent’ Sex Offender Moves Near Hudson Valley High School
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley